AirPods are wireless and hands-free earbuds that deliver crisp highs, detailed lows and immersive sound experience. You can also Connect AirPods to Apple TV to boost your experience on AirPods. They are the world’s first wireless headphones with a touch to pair interface. Simply tapping once on AirPods and you are ready to have a wireless experiences ever. And they’re made to work seamlessly with your iPhone, iPad or Mac devices.
AirPods use a custom designed Apple W1 chip, which makes them faster performance and more responsive. The W1 chip also enables Siri feature to be activated with just a double tap on the AirPods.
AirPods Battery Backup
AirPods have the same W1 chip as Apple’s other products, so they can connect to your device easily. You can also see battery life on each AirPod through the charging case in the box. The case has a Lightning connector and a USB-C port that allows you to charge any Lightning or USB-C devices (including MacBook) at 5 volts just like how Apple’s other products work.
The W1 chip also makes AirPods more efficient, so they have a longer battery life compared to other earbuds. AirPods can be fully charged in less than 2 hours and the carrying case holds multiple additional charges for more than 24 hours of listening time.
How to Use AirPods?
You can connect your AirPods to any iPhone, iPad or Mac that supports Bluetooth 5.0. There are two easy ways to pair them with your device:
- Open the case near your iPhone or iPad. The AirPods will appear in the Devices menu on your lock screen or in the Control Center if you’re using iOS 12. Tap “Connect” on your iPhone or iPad’s Bluetooth menu.
- If you have an Apple Watch, open the Watch app on your iPhone or iPad and tap “My Watch” in the top left corner. Tap “AirPods” under Devices, then select your AirPods to pair them with your iPhone or iPad.
- Read more about How to wear AirPods correctly?
Connect AirPods to Apple TV
AirPods are wireless and also feature a touch sensitive remote. They are compatible with Apple TV and iPhone, which means you can use them to control your TV. You can follow these easy steps to Connect AirPods to Apple TV.
- Open Settings on your Apple TV and select Bluetooth.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone or iPad by selecting it from the list of devices you see under Devices in the left hand column of Settings.
- Select AirPods from the list of devices you see under Bluetooth Devices in the left hand column of Settings. The first time you connect an AirPod to your Apple TV, it will ask you if you want to pair it with that device or with any other device that is connected to your home Wi-Fi network (the default setting). Select Pair New Device.
Connect AirPods to Apple TV Connection Problem
If you’re having trouble connecting your AirPods to Apple TV, make sure you’ve checked all the below solutions.
- Make sure AirPods are fully charged before trying to connect them to Apple TV. This sounds funny but sometimes, this easy trick solves the problem.
- Make sure that both devices are ‘powered ON’ and connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- If you haven’t already set up iCloud for Home Sharing with Apple TV, do that first.
- Make sure that Apple TV is running the latest version of software (3rd generation and later).
- Try restarting your Apple TV and iPhone or iPad.
- Reset iCloud Music Library by going to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage > Music Library > Delete Music and then sync your device with iTunes to get your music back.
- Reset all settings by navigating to Settings > General > Reset >and then Reset All Settings.
How to Fix AirPods Not Connecting?
If your problem has not been solved using above mentioned solutions then you can try alternative solutions. Here’s how you can fix Connect AirPods to Apple TV problem.
- If you can’t connect your AirPods to a new device, make sure Bluetooth is turned on. Then try these steps:
- Unplug your AirPods case from power and plug it back in.
- Make sure that the case’s battery level is above 20% battery life (it will be displayed on an iPhone or iPad).
- Try putting one of the earbuds into each ear and see if they connect automatically.
- Double-click the button on your AirPods’ charging case to reset them.