Screenshots are a quick way to save information from your screen for future reference. There are several different ways to screenshot on Windows. Here’s a quick overview on how to screenshot on windows.
Screenshot on Windows Using Snipping Tool
Snipping Tool is a free program you can download and use to capture, edit, and save whatever is on your screen.
Snipping Tool is a free program you can download from Microsoft. It allows you to take a “snapshot” of the current look of your screen. Once you have captured the snapshot, you can quickly add notes and then save or email it to someone else.
Snipping Tool is really great for editing or annotating an image that has been copied to your clipboard. also read how to turn on Bluetooth on windows.
How to screenshot on windows using Snipping Tool
- Click Start, type snipping tool in the search box, and then click Snipping Tool in the list of results.
- In the New window, click one of the following:
- Free-form snip : Draw a free-form shape around an object.
- Rectangular snip : Drag the cursor around an object to form a rectangle.
- Window snip : Select a window, such as a dialog box, that you want to capture.
- Full-screen snip: Capture the entire screen.
How do you capture a screenshot on a PC?
Capturing a screenshot is a great way to share something, or save it for future reference. There are multiple ways to do this on a computer, depending on what operating system you’re using.
To take a screenshot on your PC, press Print Screen (sometimes known as Prt Scrn or Prt Scn) and then paste (ctrl+v) the screenshot into an image editing program (like Paint, Illustrator or in messenger too).
How to screenshot on Windows 10?
Screen snip is a handy tool that is built into Windows 10. It has several different capture modes you can use, letting you take screenshots of the whole screen or just one part of it. You can even create your own custom screenshot hotkey (default shortcut: Shift-Windows Key-S) for faster access.
How do you take screenshot on Windows without Print screen?
if you don’t want to use print screen key to take screenshot in windows then, Use Shortcut Shift-Windows Key-S to take screenshot in windows. This is one of the easiest method on How to Screenshot on Windows.
Where does Windows screenshot save to?
If you’ve taken screenshots with the Windows + PrtScn command in Windows 10, you probably know that those screenshots are saved to a separate folder in your Pictures directory. That folder is organized by date — meaning, a given screenshot is spread out over multiple files with the same file name. If you want your screenshots to be more organized than that and save them all in one file, you can change the save location of your screenshots.
Where is the PrtScn key?
If you’re using a Windows-based computer, you can easily take screenshots to capture what’s on your screen. It’s great for sharing with friends and family, or even saving a particularly funny moment on the internet.
The “Print Screen” key is usually located in the upper-right corner of your keyboard, above the “SysReq” button (which might be labeled “PrtScn” instead.) If you have multiple keyboards, it might be different on each one. You can also press the main Windows key and PrtScn at the same time.
How to change windows Screenshot shortcut key?
If you get How to Screenshot on Windows hard then you can change the shortcuts used on taking screenshot to make your task easier and faster. Also if you are wondering how to screenshot on windows using shortcut key, Here is how you can change windows screenshot shortcut key.
- Click on the “Start” menu in the lower left of your screen. Select “Control Panel.”
- Click on “Ease of Access.”
- Click on “Ease of Access Center.”
- Click on “Make the keyboard easier to use.”
- Select “Keyboard” from the list.
- Click on “Set up shortcuts for common tasks,” from the bottom of the window.
- Select either “Take a screenshot of the active window” or “Take a screenshot of the entire screen,” depending on what you want to capture.
- Follow the steps given to configure shortcut key.
Hope you get How to Screenshot on Windows with different methods. If you have any problem on How to Screenshot on Windows, you can comment below.